What is a birthday?
A birthday is a tradition of marking the anniversary of the birth of a person, fictional character, or an organization. Birthday is the day when a person first enters in the living world. Birthdays are celebrated all over the world in different ways. Some people also celebrate the birthdays of their God, celebrities, and founders of their religion.
Learn more about your Birthday Zodiac Signs
Wondering who invented birthdays?
Birthdays are a way to celebrate surviving one more year, sharing and creating memories with your friends, family, and loved ones. There is a lot of research performed to find out the origin of celebrating birthdays and cutting a birthday cake. However, the research remained inconclusive. Check out this post to find out more about the Origin of Birthdays.
The 18th birthday of a person holds special significance in many cultures because at this age the person is considered to be transformed from a child to an adult. The 25th birthday is known as a Silver jubilee, 50th birthday means golden Jubilee and if you are lucky enough to celebrate your 100th birthday then it is known as Platinum Jubilee.
What does a birthday really mean?
Your birthday is a day to celebrate the time you have spent on this earth. You have successfully managed to live one more year, gained a lot of experiences, created memories, learned new things, met new people and many more things might have changed from your last birthday. It’s time you spend some quality time with your friends and family and make a plan to achieve more in the upcoming year.
Why do we celebrate birthdays? & Why is birthday special?
Birthdays are special because they provide you an opportunity to look back at the time spent you have spent from your birth until now. So, here are some reasons which make it fun and special to celebrate your birthdays.
- Birthday celebration makes it easy to eat tasty birthday cake and get lots of gifts
- A chance to thank God for keeping you safe, happy, and healthy for one more year
- Birthdays give you the excuse to party like there is no tomorrow
- Meet with your relatives, friends, and family
- An excuse to get drunk without the consequences
- An excuse to take a holiday from the office to celebrate your birthday
- To dress up in your best dress and then show off to your friends
- Clicking lots of funny pics and selfies and then posting them on social media to make your friends jealous
- Go for shopping and having a big fat dinner at the place of your choice
- Getting blessings from your elders and grandparents
So, to conclude you can say that it doesn’t matter that when birthday celebrations originated or why birthdays are celebrated. What matters is that you spent some quality time and enjoy one of the most important days of your life. If you are going to celebrate the birthday of your loved one then you should get a gift, a beautiful greeting card, a lovely birthday wish, and maybe organize a small party to make him/her happy.